Wife of 'Taliban sympathizer' describes how he 'raped' her in captivity in Afghanistan

Mail Online | 5/29/2019 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/29/19/14113558-0-image-a-15_1559155287225.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/29/5301464694760190020/1024x576_MP4_5301464694760190020.mp4

An American woman held hostage by the Taliban with her husband in Afghanistan for five years has told how he was a 'sympathizer' who raped her repeatedly, forcing her to have three more children.

Caitlan Coleman was rescued along with her husband Joshua Boyle and their three children in 2017, five years after being taken by Taliban militants.

Husband - Region - Vacation - Canada

She and her husband had gone to the region for a vacation and when they were rescued, they fled straight to Canada.

Since then, he has been charged with sexually assaulting her after their return and questions over his motives for the trip have emerged.

Court - Date - Ottawa - Charges - Wife

He is now awaiting his next court date in Ottawa on charges of assaulting, raping, drugging and unlawfully confining his wife, all of which he denies.

Caitlan, who is from Pennysylvania, is now speaking out against him.

Interview - ABC - Nightline - Friday - Sympathizer

In an interview with ABC's Nightline that will air on Friday, she has told how he was a 'Taliban sympathizer' when they ventured to the region but became more abusive towards her than her captors after they were taken hostage when she was six months pregnant in 2012.

She also said that he forced her to have sex with him and that while she never physically resisted him, having to sleep with him was 'abhorrent.'

Captivity - Family - Josh - Captivity - Choice

'Prior to captivity, I did want to have a family with Josh but during captivity, I was not given a choice as to whether or not we would have children in captivity, if they would have to go through that too.

'That certainly not something I wanted for my children,' she said.

'Yes - Relations - Abhorrent

Asked bluntly if she was raped, she said: 'Yes. I am not saying that I physically struggled but I am saying that I found relations with him pretty abhorrent but I was not given...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...