Tampa city council legislative aide is under fire for ambiguous cough

Mail Online | 5/29/2019 | Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/29/22/14119774-0-image-a-12_1559164019266.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/29/1621634664366061571/1024x576_MP4_1621634664366061571.mp4

A legislative aide in Tampa, Florida has provoked controversy with an ambiguous cough at a city council meeting, with some accusing her of calling the council chairman 'a**hole' under her breath.

Aide Carrie Henriquez was caught on video at the council meeting on Thursday, walking behind Chairman Luis Viera - her boss's arch rival on the council - just as she breaks into a coughing fit.

Henriquez - Council - Chambers - Viera - Shock

Henriquez continues out of the council chambers, coughing again. Viera turns in shock to council member Guido Maniscalco, Henriquez's boss.

'Did she just say something?' Viera says to Maniscalco.

Henriquez - Anything - Coughing - Council - Chambers

Henriquez vehemently denies that she said anything, maintaining that she was trying to stifle her coughing until she could get out of the council chambers so as to not disrupt the meeting.

'I said no words. I coughed. I sneezed. I coughed. I sneezed,' she told the Tampa Bay Times.

'I - Anything - Council - Member - Maniscalco

'I can be salty sometimes, but I would never do anything to jeopardize the council member's (Maniscalco's) reputation or my husband's good name,' she added.

Henriquez is married to Hillsborough County Property Appraiser Bob Henriquez.

City - Hall - Watchers - Henriquez - Viera

City hall watchers point to possibly animosity Henriquez might have for Viera, who outmaneuvered her boss Maniscalco in a contest for the chairmanship earlier this month.

Henriquez would have been in line for a salary bump if Maniscalco had...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?