David Harbour Says ‘Hellboy’ Reboot Has “Major Problems” But Was Unfairly Judged Next To Marvel Films

The Playlist | 5/28/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/hellboy-david-harbour.jpg

Lionsgate’s recent “Hellboy” reboot is nothing short of a monumental disaster. With a modest budget (by comic book film standards) of only $50 million, the new film didn’t have to make $1 billion to be deemed a huge success. However, after its domestic run, the film is now sitting at a dismal $21 million. Combined with the terrible 16% on Rotten Tomatoes, signaling that critics generally disliked the film, “Hellboy” is not going to be the highlight of star David Harbour’s IMDB.

That being said, the actor recently told Digital Spy that he thinks the film was judged a bit too harshly. While he doesn’t go all the way to say that the film is great, he says that “Hellboy” has received some unfair comparisons to other comic book films, namely those by Marvel Studios.

Voices - Things - Control - Lot - Things

“We did our best, but there’s so many voices that go into these things and they’re not always going to work out,” he said. “I did what I could do and I feel proud of what I did, but ultimately I’m not in control of a lot of those things.”

Harbour is alluding to issues that have bee covered before, with reports discussing on-set issues between the star and the film’s director Neil Marshall. Plus, there are reports that the director was all-but-exiled from the editing bay during post-production.

Problem

“The problem that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The beatings will continue until moral improves.