Eric Swalwell: I May Be ‘Another White Guy’ but ‘I Know When to Pass the Mic’

Breitbart | 5/28/2019 | Staff
Celtics2212 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/05/GettyImages-1151020125-640x335.jpg

Presidential candidate Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) has publicly checked his privilege, saying that, as “another white guy,” there are gaps in his understanding of racial issues and vowing to “pass the mic to people who do have that experience.”

Speaking with Vice News, Swalwell declared, “A white guy who doesn’t see other identities or understand other experiences should not be president.”

California - Democrat - Knowledge - Experience - People

The California Democrat continued: “And where there would be gaps in my knowledge or my experience, I will pass the mic to people who do have that experience. I’ve also pledged that I would ask a woman to serve as vice president.”

On Monday, Swalwell tweeted a video clip of the exchange along with a similar sentiment he expressed during the interview. “I may be ‘another white guy,’ but I know where there are gaps in my knowledge or my experience and I know when to pass the mic,” he wrote.

Donald - Trump - Jr - President - Donald

Donald Trump Jr., President Donald Trump’s eldest son, took to social media to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: