Pulse nightclub shooting survivors: Move of Holy Spirit 'being birthed' among former LGBT persons

www.christianpost.com | 5/27/2019 | Staff
k.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/13/231355.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

WASHINGTON — Two survivors of the 2016 Pulse nightclub mass shooting who no longer identify as gay are inviting Christians to repent for how the church has treated LGBT-identified persons in the past.

Persons - Sylvan - Theater - Washington - Monument

Before approximately 200 persons at the Sylvan Theater near the Washington Monument for the Freedom March, Angel Colon and Luis Javier Ruiz shared part of their own journeys out of homosexual lives and into the Kingdom of God. They made a point to offer repentance and ask for forgiveness on behalf of the church to LGBT-identified persons, expressing their heart to reach out and believing that a move of the Holy Spirit is at hand.

Taking the stage together in the 80-degree heat, Colon stressed that God has given believers authority to shake the foundation of the nation's capital and to proclaim to the nation that "change is possible in Christ."

Shooter - Dozens - People - Night - Nightclub

Even as the shooter was gunning down dozens of people that night in the nightclub in Orlando, Colon tapped into that authority. As bullets flew and bodies started falling all around him, he drew upon the faith he was raised in and began to declare that he was not going to leave the nightclub dead. Colon was shot several times that night and was unable to move.

"As I laid on the ground ... I prayed to the Lord. And I started prophetically speaking [over] my life and said 'Lord, I am not leaving this building dead tonight. You promised me that I had a purpose in life. You promised me that there was a ministry in my future," Colon said.

Mom - Baby - Womb - Purpose - Life

"You promised my mom that [the] baby inside of her womb was special and had a purpose in his life. So tonight I am not leaving here dead, Lord. I am leaving here alive....
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.