Sunday A La Carte

Tim Challies | 5/26/2019 | Staff
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ALaCarte-CutoutLetters_3b-940x492.jpg

As I collected links this week, I found the list growing and growing until I realized I had a lot more than I could put to use. So I decided to collect some of them into a special Sunday edition of A La Carte. Enjoy!

From time to time I like to link to some of the books I’ve been enjoying but don’t plan to review. In that vein, William Hague’s William Wilberforce is a brilliant biography of a great individual.

Scandal - Afoot

A Scandal Afoot?

WORLD covers the recent phenomenon of the Instagram account PreachersNSneakers. “WORLD asked 15 pastors featured on the site to respond to that question and also share the circumstances of their shoes. Were they a gift? Did they buy the sneakers before they were vintage? Only one pastor responded: ‘How’d you get my email?'”

Examination - Body - Language

I found this expert examination of body language rather interesting.

“We are, by nature, self-justifying creatures. Any sin to which we are prone may come with excuses. The circumstances under which we repeatedly find ourselves falling can readily be justified as necessary. Yet a repentant heart would do what is practicable to inconvenience itself enough to minimise repeat occurrences. There comes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: