Postpartum depression: Out of the darkness

www.christianpost.com | 5/25/2019 | Staff
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/13/231331.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

At Medi-Share, we seek to come alongside individuals and families of all ages and stages of life, through the highest mountains and darkest valleys. Brook Nates trekked through a valley for a long time. She shared her experiences and advice with us in hopes of encouraging mothers with postpartum depression and those who love them.

Fall - Family - Trip - Georgia - Apple

In the fall of 2016, we took a family trip to Georgia to go apple picking. This is me, Brian (my husband), Brandon, Bryn, and Brycen… not pictured are our dogs, Bosco and Barkley.

Yes, we are that cheesy “B” family. It’s okay, you can laugh. We totally own our cheesiness.

Life - Thing - Babies - Children - Dog

I don’t know about you, but all my life the only thing I ever wanted was to be married and have babies. I wanted four children, a dog, and a white picket fence – the whole nine. I was going to stay home with my children and make sure they all had warm cookies waiting for them when they get home from school, sew all of their Halloween costumes, be on the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), and live happily ever after.

I told you I was cheesy.

Dream

And guess what? My dream did come true!

I married a wonderful man, had three beautiful children, two dogs, and even the white picket fence. No joke. So, you may be wondering why I am even writing this. Well, let’s go back in time to four years ago.

End - Hospital - Bed - Brand - Baby

There I was, sitting at the end of my hospital bed, holding my brand new baby boy, bags packed, waiting on my nurse to get the wheelchair… crying.

I felt feelings I had never felt before after having a baby. I wrote it off in my head as hormones. To make matters worse, when the nurse finally came with the wheelchair, she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton