Margot Robbie recreates Sharon Tate's 1968 Cannes Film Festival hairstyle

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/25/00/13932774-0-image-a-34_1558740314821.jpg

Margot Robbie honored Sharon Tate at the Cannes Film Festival by recreating the unique braided hairstyle the late actress wore to the same event back in 1968.

The 28-year-old, who plays Tate in Quentin Tarantino‘s upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, showed up to the film's photocall at the festival on Wednesday sporting a middle part and two loose braids on each side of her head.

Tate - Hairstyle - Cannes - Year - Charles

Tate wore the ethereal hairstyle in Cannes just one year before she was brutally murdered by Charles Manson's followers in 1969.

The Valley of the Dolls stars was eight-and-a-half months pregnant with her and her husband Roman Polanski's first child when she was stabbed to death at the age of 26.

Copycat - Hairstyle - Bryce - Scarlett - Robbie

The copycat hairstyle Bryce Scarlett created for Robbie was noticed on Thursday by writer Evan Ross Katz, who tweeted side-by-side photos of her and Tate sporting the look 51 years apart.

While Tate paired her hairstyle with a slinky spaghetti-strap dress, Robbie opted to wear a bohemian off-the-shoulder white lace Chanel frock with a tulle hem.

Tonya - Star - Tate - Film - Premiere

The I, Tonya star also channeled Tate at the film's premiere on Tuesday by subtly recreating a modern version of her teased waves and curled ends.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood centers around fictional television star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt), who are trying to navigate a changing Hollywood in 1969. In the film, Tate is Dalton's next door neighbor.

Month - Robbie - People - Role - Tate

Earlier this month, Robbie told People that she prepared for the role by speaking with Tate's family and friends.

'They all said how kind, loving, and good-hearted she was,' she said. 'I was fortunate enough to step on to set with Debra Tate’s blessing, Sharon’s sister.'

Trailer - Tarantino - Film - Debra

After seeing the second trailer for the Tarantino's ninth film, Debra...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!