Annual Summer Reading List 2019

Christianity.com | 5/23/2019 | Staff
doona07 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.swncdn.com/christianity/resource/areas/newchristianity/resources/images/defaultimages/article-large-landscape.png

Since this weekend is Memorial Day weekend, and the unofficial start of summer, I thought I would begin making this the time for my annual summer reading list. These are books that I have either read over the past year or plan to read myself over the summer. Most are brand new. A few, here and there, may be older works that I’m only now discovering myself or wanting to re-read. They are often a blend of history, fiction, biography and more.

Here they are, listed in alphabetical order by author:

Auletta - Ken - Frenemies - Epic - Disruption

Auletta, Ken. Frenemies: The Epic Disruption of the Advertising Industry (and Why This Matters).

Auletta came onto my radar with his prescient book, Googled, and hasn’t left it. I now read whatever he writes, and this book doesn’t discount that decision.

Diamond - Jared - Upheaval

Diamond, Jared. Upheaval.

In a groundbreaking conclusion to the trilogy started with Guns, Germs and Steel and Collapse, Diamond offers a theory as to why some nations recover from crisis and some do not. Love him or hate him, his provocative writing is essential reading.

Land - Stephanie - Maid - Hard - Work

Land, Stephanie. Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive.

This is a good and important book to read to enter into a world that many of us will never enter voluntarily.

Goodwin - Doris - Kearns - Leadership - Turbulent

Goodwin, Doris Kearns. Leadership in Turbulent Times.

An examination of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson. It’s just good. Really, really good.

Kotler - Philip - Traditional - Digital

Kotler, Philip. Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital.

Important reading for the most significant cultural shift of our day.

McCullough - David - Pioneers - Heroic - Story

McCullough, David. The Pioneers: The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West.

McCullough is the best living historian of our day. Period. Read anything he has written, or (God willing) will continue to write.

Roberts - Andrew - Churchill - Destiny

Roberts, Andrew. Churchill: Walking with Destiny.

A landmark biography of one of the most significant lives of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christianity.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: