COMPASSION THAT WARMS SATAN’S HEART

Desiring God | 5/24/2019 | Joe Rigney
stefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/killing-them-softly-wgs3fump-en/landscape/killing-them-softly-wgs3fump-ab1fb26cb1ae6a58beff79c8fa5e9373.jpg?ts=1558380108&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

Your last letter reminds me of just how far you have to go in the science of tempting. Your whimpering and excuse-making at your patient’s growth in the virtue of compassion is unusually pathetic, even for you.

Of course, it is a setback and, of course, you’ll be reprimanded for it. But as a member of my department, I expect for you to respond to these new challenges with the same courage and resilience that I would in your situation. Not that I would ever be in your situation; as I told you in previous letters, you must be wary of any growth in sympathy in your patient and make efforts to divert him into more fruitful pursuits. But the young never regard the wisdom of their elders, and now you are paying for your negligence.

Consequences - Head - Compassion - Enemy - Qualities

Even as you suffer the necessary consequences, however, do not lose your head. Compassion, like all of the Enemy’s qualities, is corruptible. In fact, the sheer intensity of its goodness means that, when corrupted, it becomes a most potent demon.

It is a strong feeling and retains its strength even after it has been diverted from the Enemy’s service. This in fact is one of ****’s greatest triumphs: that we are able to steal the power and might of the Enemy’s works and turn them to better uses. Even if we are unable to injure him with his vile weapons, we may at least injure his pathetic little statues on earth.

Elders - Labor - Systems - Thievery - Robes

Your elders labor to hide whole systems of thievery in robes of compassion. As a lesser tempter, however, you must be content to corrupt compassion at the level of your individual patient. The simplest way to do so is to link compassion to another virtue such as truth-telling, and then have the second virtue swallow it up....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't