Pastor: Stop Cohabiting and the Church Will Pay for Your Wedding

ChurchLeaders | 5/23/2019 | Staff
emilia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/bryan-carter-cohabitation-living-together.jpg

In his sermon last Sunday, a pastor in Texas challenged cohabiting couples to choose one of three options: break up, get married, or date without living together. Bryan Carter, who is the senior pastor of Concord Church in Dallas, said that the church will pay for the weddings of those who want to get married and also pay one month’s rent for those who decide not to marry.

“The Gospel is redemptive,” said Carter, according to Faithwire. “The Gospel never leaves us where we are; the Gospel brings about restoration and change in our lives and we believe that, as the church, that’s what we do.”

Issue - Cohabitation - Pastor - Carter - Wife

The issue of cohabitation is one that is personal to Pastor Carter and his wife, Lady Stephanie Carter. Before Pastor Carter began his sermon, he and his wife shared that they lived together for a period of time while they were engaged. They didn’t deliberately set out to cohabit, but ended up in that situation when Pastor Carter got kicked out of his house. When that happened, he showed up on his future wife’s doorstep and simply stayed. At the time, he was a preacher and an assistant pastor. How did she feel about him moving in?

Lady Carter knew it was wrong, but admitted, “I’d be lying in church if I said I was not super excited.” The Carters didn’t say how long they lived together, but the pastor said there were two reasons why he finally moved out. One was they had struggled with purity while dating and were trying to do better. But the second reason was that Pastor Carter’s brother offered to pay the first month’s rent when Pastor Carter moved out. Said the pastor, “That really was a game changer for us.” They were in a tough situation, and having help enabled...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The Democratic Party would be dead without the Republican Enabler Party! GOPe, fighting for Democrats since...