Transilvania Film Fest Launches New SVOD Platform

Variety | 5/22/2019 | Christopher Vourlias
Kota79Kota79 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/tudor-giurgiu.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

CANNES–The Transilvania Intl. Film Festival has announced a new SVOD service, TIFF Unlimited, which will launch during the festival’s 18th edition, which bows May 31 in Cluj, Romania.

The service will curate titles from current and previous editions of the festival, while also showcasing other hand-picked auteur-driven productions, presented in partnership with local distributors. It will launch June 6 and be available across Romania.

Colleagues - Festival - Something - Festival - Experience

“With all my colleagues from the festival, we thought we have to do something that will somehow extend the whole festival experience for all the year,” said director festival chief Tudor Giurgiu (pictured), whose latest feature, “Parking,” opens this year’s fest. “Yearly we are receiving emails from the public who say, ‘Oh, I missed that Russian film that won the audience award in your festival. Where am I going to see it?’ And I say, ‘Sorry, I don’t know where you can see the film, because it’s gone.’”

Film Review: 'One Step Behind the Seraphim'

Film - Review - Story - Summer - Lover

Film Review: 'The Story of a Summer Lover'

The problem isn’t limited to movies that are screened during the festival, which unspools this year from May 31 to June 9. Giurgiu noted that arthouse and indie films in Romania also quickly vanish after brief theatrical runs. “There’s this fairly big amount of titles, great titles, with important pedigrees, with festival awards and so on, and if the timing is not right, you will lose them,” he said.

Transilvania - Footsteps - Festivals - Rotterdam - Goteborg

Transilvania follows in the footsteps of festivals like Rotterdam and Goteborg, which have also...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The truth fairly and honestly presented, will be spun as a lie by a politician.