Problematic Women: Celebrating 100 Years of Women’s Suffrage

The Daily Signal | 5/23/2019 | Staff
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/Universal-History-Archive_Contributor_Getty-Images_CROP-1-1024x532.jpg

Lauren Evans is the multimedia producer for The Daily Signal and The Heritage Foundation Send an email to Lauren.

Kelsey Bolar is a senior news producer at The Daily Signal and co-host of "Problematic Women," a podcast. Send an email to Kelsey.

Episode - Women - Heritage - Foundation - President

In a special episode of “Problematic Women,” Heritage Foundation President Kay Coles James joins us to talk about the Women’s Suffrage Centennial Commission.

President Donald Trump appointed James to the bipartisan commission formed to celebrate the passage of the 19th Amendment, which secured women’s right to vote. In this week’s podcast, we discuss the history of the movement, what “suffrage” really means, and the importance of celebrating this historic event.

Left - Comments - Abortion - Sen - Kirsten

We also break down the left’s continued unhinged comments about abortion, with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., calling for taxpayer-funded, no-restriction abortions and comedian Jim Carrey’s depiction of Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey being aborted.

Finally, has the #MeToo movement harmed or helped women? According to CBS News, male managers are now more hesitant interacting with their female employees at work—we discuss. Listen to the podcast below, or read the transcript of our full interview with Kay Coles James.

Transcript

This is a lightly-edited transcript.

Lauren Evans: Mrs. James, so why are we talking about [the Women’s Suffrage Centennial Commission] now?

Kay - Coles - James - President - Trump

Kay Coles James: Well, you know, I was so honored when President Trump asked me to be his representative to the women’s suffrage commission.

It was a commission that was established by Congress to bring a bipartisan group of women together to plan how we’re going to educate and to celebrate women having the right to vote in our country. It will be the 100th year, centennial, this celebration year.

Commission - Group - Fact - Chair - Commission

Having joined that commission, I was honored that this bipartisan group asked if I would, in fact, chair this commission.

Given the importance of this issue, the significance of it—what it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: