We Run a Paradoxical Race

The Aquila Report | 5/23/2019 | Staff
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
The difficulty comes when we inevitably have churches that have large proportions of people at different places. Where do we pitch the preaching? How do we engage in Bible study that everyone can engage with? How do we make sure that we are simple enough for the new folk to understand whilst having enough meat to chew on for the mature believers?

A story regarding the operational management of the London marathon emerged yesterday. The start time for the slower runners in the marathon was delayed but, even as they were running (keeping pace with the official pace-setter), organiser began opening roads and clearing up around them. The pacer, Liz Ayres, recounts being sprayed with chemicals by those riding vehicles closely to the runners. She also says the runners were repeatedly verbally abused by those who were keen to make them speed up. You can read the Guardian’s report here.

Marathon - Cheeky - Doubt

Now, I am sure you will be surprised to hear that I have never run a marathon. I know, I know – hard to believe. But it’s true. The less cheeky of you are no doubt, extremely politely, asking why not.

It’s not especially because they’re on Sundays (though, should I ever want to run one, that would represent a bit of a problem). I have never run one because I hate long distance running. I have never liked it and I’ve always been terrible at it. I wasn’t always as big, fat and lazy as I am now. I used to be very fit and healthy, playing lots of sports and all sorts. If I ran the London marathon I’d be at the back racing against people in giant chicken outfits and would probably hit ‘the wall’ a couple of times before I even...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift
Tagged: