Matthew McConaughey honors longtime friend Guy Fieri at his Walk of Fame star dedication ceremony

Mail Online | 5/22/2019 | Cailley Chella For Dailymail.com
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/22/22/13834514-0-image-a-107_1558561474343.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/01/4178137676892096697/1024x576_MP4_4178137676892096697.mp4

There are so few Hollywood friendships that are a surprise anymore.

But this friendship is what the Mayor of Flavortown would most likely refer to as 'the real deal.'

Matthew - McConaughey - Guy - Fieri - Heartfelt

Matthew McConaughey, 49, honored his longtime pal Guy Fieri, 51, with a heartfelt speech during the restaurateur's star dedication ceremony on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday.

'Fifteen or so years ago I was living in an air-stream traveling across America...I lived on the road and I came across this show Diners, Drive-Ins And Dives, and it quickly became my favorite show,' the Dallas Buyers Club star began his speech.

Space - Trailer - Sky - Dish - Sky

He affectionately recalled requesting a space to park his trailer that had an open southern sky because his satellite dish connected to programming through the southern sky and he needed to tune into 'Triple D.'

'One day on the road I get the number of the host, Guy Fieri, and I call him up and I say, "Listen, hey man, it's Matthew McConaughey."'

Fieri - Restaurant - Recommendation - Spokane - Washington

He asked Fieri for a restaurant recommendation in Spokane, Washington saying his suggestion was 'always tops.'

McConaughey then discovered that Fieri could act as a kind of 'mobile concierge,' saying he would share his 'road map of where [he] was gonna be traveling over the next week or the next two weeks and [Fieri] would map out the must go to restaurants along the way.'

Fortunate - Subway - Sandwiches - Bit - True

Which was fortunate for him, because, 'the Subway sandwiches, although I like them, they were getting a bit old,' the True Detective star joked.

But the two didn't meet until a while later when McConaughey eventually found himself back in Los Angeles.

Texan - Audience - Man - Host - TV

The Texan told the audience that the man he met was more than just the host of his favorite TV show.

'This is when I met a conscientious Guy Fieri; Guy Fieri who cared about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!