‘Game of Thrones’: Lino Facioli Embraces Playing ‘That Weird Kid’ Who Returned in the Finale

IndieWire | 5/22/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Macall-B.-Polay-HBO-Season-8-copy.jpg

“Make the bad man, fly!” little Robin Arryn once demanded — nay, screamed — in the first season of “Game of Thrones.” Among the nearly 200 main and recurring characters on the series, the bratty young Lord of the Eyrie was never really been a fan favorite, but he certainly became a breakout in the series finale despite uttering only one word. During a council of Westeros’ lords and ladies, a grown-up Robin votes “aye” for Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) to become king.

Actor Lino Facioli’s appearance has changed significantly because he was only 14 when he last appeared two seasons ago, but four years later, he’s entered adulthood. Viewers were not prepared for the more mature Robin, and social media posts remarked on how the Starks’ young and sickly cousin had “glow’d up.”

Facioli - Attention - Appearance - Online - Bit

Facioli was shocked by the intense attention that his guest appearance inspired online. “Honestly, I’m still a bit in awe of it. There’s always been a response to some extent every year, but then this year was a whole new deal,” he said in an interview with IndieWire. “It still feels a bit unreal. It is crazy that this is happening, but I love it.”

“Seeing a meme with your face on it is quite funny. It’s the first time a friend has been like, ‘Oh ****, OK, you’re famous now, Lino,’” he said. “Obviously, I don’t really realize that I’ve been growing, that I’m changing, but in doing this, I had family members who watched it and didn’t realize it was me.”

Facioli - Call - Show - Level - Danger

Facioli doesn’t remember much about the call to return to the show since “the level of secrecy gets higher and higher because there’s such a danger of leaks” each year. But he traveled to shoot the scene in Seville, where he reunited with Sophie Turner, whose...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!