Alabama senator files bill to repeal abortion ban

al.com | 5/14/2019 | Staff
Micaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.al.com/resizer/qcg4HfhQjppNKwgPHRfFNSPTaho=/1200x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com/public/ZUNNKJHTVRHCZNKKMMKCH4VMUU.jpg

Alabama state Sen. Vivian Figures, D-Mobile filed a bill on Tuesday to repeal Alabama’s abortion ban law.

"There are consequences for every decision we make as legislators, and for every vote we cast there are ramifications,” Figures said in a release. “However, some of these effects are unintended and I truly believe this has been the case for SB314. I do not believe my Republican colleagues had any idea what the consequences for passing this bill would be.”

Governor - Today - Bill - Felony - Doctor

The governor announced today she signed the bill to make it a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion.

Figures cited criticism from across the state as well as from President Donald Trump, Sen. Mitt Romney and 700 Club Founder Pat Robertson as reason for challenging the most extreme abortion ban law in the country.

Bill - HB314 - Hopes - Wounds - Brothers

"I felt that the least I could do was to offer a bill to repeal HB314 with the hopes that it would help to heal some of the wounds that my Republican brothers and sisters have inflicted on the great state of Alabama,”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: al.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!