Concept Art: Tokyo DisneySea’s “Fantasy Springs” Looks Like Pandora Without ‘Avatar’

/Film | 4/1/2022 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Fantasy-Springs-concept-art.jpg

Today, The Oriental Land Company, which owns the Tokyo Disney Resort and licenses its theme park imagery from The Walt Disney Company, announced that its expansion of Tokyo DisneySea will be called Fantasy Springs. The new land will feature Tangled, Frozen, and Peter Pan-related areas, and now they’ve released some concept art which reveals how the park also seems to be taking inspiration from Disney’s Pandora – The World of Avatar land…only without any Banshees or Na’vi in sight. Check out the images below.

WDWNT shared several pieces of concept art from the planned theme park land, many of which appear to have the same bioluminescent look at night as the Pandora land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Thing - Piece - Art - Peter - Pan

That’s all well and good, but for me, the most exciting thing about this next piece of concept art is the Peter Pan section in the back right section of the park. If you squint, you can make out a ship and a skull in a lagoon area back there.

I haven’t revisited Disney’s animated Peter Pan film in decades and I don’t imagine it holds up very well, but I did grow up watching Steven Spielberg’s Hook, a movie...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Woof!