Mandy Moore on Her Ever-Changing Career, Taking Risks, and Personal Growth

POPSUGAR Celebrity | 5/21/2019 | Kelsie Gibson
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/dM48DZzM9CkMZXJX7bq7gJNYQ7I/3x208:3677x2137/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2019/05/16/860/n/1922398/8b5c67f05cddbc63c471b9.29312187_.jpg

Mandy Moore is truly a chameleon. The This Is Us star has gained critical acclaim for her ability to portray the same woman through many different stages of life, but off screen, Moore has evolved a lot, too. The 35-year-old first rose to fame with her debut single, "Candy," almost 20 years ago and has since transformed from '90s pop singer to leading lady in films to award-winning TV star.

Since Moore is a natural at reinventing herself, it's only fitting that her panel at POPSUGAR Play/Ground, moderated by her This Is Us costar Susan Kelechi Watson, is all about the power of life's inevitable changes. Ahead of the festival on June 22 and 23 (get tickets here!), we had a chance to speak with the talented actress, singer, and songwriter about her career, her hit show, and what advice she would give her younger self now.

POPSUGAR - Panel - POPSUGAR - Play/Ground - Evolution

POPSUGAR: Your panel at POPSUGAR Play/Ground is all about personal evolution, which is perfect because your career has had so many different chapters with music, movies, and shows. Over the years, how much of that happened organically, or was it more that you wanted to make changes and try different things?

"I've always been a big believer in letting things unfold organically."

Mandy - Moore - Believer - Things - Foot

Mandy Moore: I've always been a big believer in letting things unfold organically. But that said, when I was first starting out, especially when I got my foot in the door in the business, however I found my way into it, I wanted to try my hands at it. So it's like music came first, but as soon as I got a foothold there, then the doors sort of would slightly ajar and I could wiggle my way through to try my hand in acting. And now I have a production company and I'm going...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Celebrity
Wake Up To Breaking News!