Why I Stan For Bran the Disabled King in #GameOfThrones

Mercy Not Sacrifice | 5/21/2019 | Staff
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/447/2019/05/bran.jpg

This is probably one of those awkward dad moments when I misuse a term like “stan” that the kids are using on Twitter. And it’s even more corny because it rhymes. But writing about Game of Thrones seems to require a less than fully serious title. There’s been a lot of backlash against this season of Game of Thrones. The plot was pretty clunky and awkward. But the one redeeming quality of the finale was the way that a disabled man randomly ended up king in a hyper-patriarchal world in which he’s basically a non-person (and it’s on you if this is a spoiler because series finales are meant to be watched live).

So let me take a moment to acknowledge all the bad plot elements in the finale. There’s no way Tyrion Lannister or Jon Snow should have survived at all. How in the world would the fierce warriors of the Dothraki and Unsullied wait politely for several weeks for a council of local nobles to show up and decide what to do about a traitor and a man who killed their queen? Also Jon’s stabbing of Daenaerys was the most sterile, underwhelming murder I’ve ever seen on television. There are so many more complaints that could be registered. It seemed like when you have a 15 page paper due at midnight and the last two pages are gibberish because you had to type them in the final 30 minutes.

Bran - Man - Heir - Paraplegic - Grandfather

But after all that, they made a king out of Bran the disabled man who (supposedly) can’t produce an heir (even though my paraplegic grandfather produced half of his ten children after he got paralyzed by polio). And I should also pause here to give props to the most meme-able line of the whole season, when Sansa Stark says to Edmure...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mercy Not Sacrifice
Wake Up To Breaking News!