First GOP Lawmaker Announces Primary Challenge Against Justin Amash

Breitbart | 5/21/2019 | Staff
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/05/Politico-Hosts-Interview-Session-With-House-Freedom-Caucus-Members-640x335.png

Michigan State Rep. Jim Lower (R) announced Monday he will launch a primary challenge against Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) after the congressman accused President Donald Trump of engaging in “impeachable” offenses.

Lower was expected to officially launch his primary challenge around July 4th, but moved up the announcement in the wake of Amash’s remarks.

Congressman - Justin - Amash - Tweets - Yesterday

“Congressman Justin Amash tweets yesterday calling for President Trump’s impeachment show how out of touch he is with the truth and how out of touch he is with people he represents,” Lower said, according to the Detriot Free Press. “He must be replaced and I am going to do it.”

Amash fought off a primary challenge in 2014 from businessman Brian Ellis, beating him by 14 points.

Amash - Blowback - Series - Tweets - Saturday

Amash is facing intense blowback after firing off a series of tweets Saturday in which he claimed special counsel Robert Mueller’s report shows the president committed “impeachable conduct” and that Attorney General William Barr had mischaracterized Mueller’s findings.

“Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence,” tweeted Amash.

President - Trump - Michigan - Republican - Loser

President Trump hit back at the Michigan Republican, referring to him as a “loser” and “total lightweight,” who had...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep