A SEASON OF AWE AND WONDER

Godspacelight | 5/21/2019 | Staff
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Screen-Shot-2019-05-17-at-1.21.31-PM.png

As Christine Aroney-Sine reminds us in her most recent book The Gift of Wonder: Creative Practices for Delighting in God, God can be found in the most creative and often unusual places if we simply slow down and look with the eyes of our heart. In the hurry and scurry of the post-Holy Week and Easter season for this particular Padre, I have had to constantly remind myself to slow down and simply be still. One way that Denise and I have done that is by taking intentional time to simply “be” in our back yard, the Rocky Mountain National Park. One thing that we often notice is how so many visitors to the park are in such a hurry to check something off of their list. They rush up a particular trail or climb a particular peak simply to say they have done it. One of my dear parishioners who died this past March used to volunteer a lot at the Estes Park Visitor’s Center. He told me a story once about a visitor who came in and asked him a question. “I only have an hour to see the sights. What can you recommend for me?” His reply was, “Unfortunately, I can simply recommend that you need more than an hour to explore and savor this area.”

On May 3rd, we took an opportunity to go into Rocky for a bit of a wander. We came across this yearling Bull Moose when Denise just happened to see...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: