Millie Bobby Brown Calls Her Film Debut in ‘Godzilla’ ‘Kind of Unreal’

Variety | 5/20/2019 | Angelique Jackson

Millie Bobby Brown is no stranger to stardom thanks to “Stranger Things,” but she still can’t believe she’s making her feature film debut in the monster reboot “Godzilla: King of the Monsters.”

“It’s kind of unreal,” Brown told Variety at the premiere. “I’m like, ‘What is happening right now?’ It’s so bizarre and unreal, and I never thought I’d be doing this. I really didn’t.

Brown - Cast - Hollywood - Boulevard - Saturday

Brown and the cast shut down Hollywood Boulevard on Saturday night for the massive premiere at TCL Chinese Theatre, posing with the fans that lined the street before they walked the black carpet, which featured a special appearance from Godzilla himself.

“I used to actually walk down here and look at this [theater] and my dad used to say, ‘ This is where they do premieres,'” the 15-year-old actress recalled. “And now I’m here.”

Brown - Stars - Film - Madison - Russell

Brown stars in the film as Madison Russell, a girl caught in a clash of the titans as Godzilla takes on iconic monsters, including the character’s main nemesis Ghidorah, in an effort to help save mankind. Since the titular king of monsters began gracing (or terrorizing) our screenings in 1954, he has fought a host of legendary characters including King Kong. So how did the young star get the role as his leading lady?

Director Michael Dougherty said it was a “no brainer” to cast the teen after seeing her as Eleven in “Stranger Things.”

Breakout - Performance - Dougherty - Performance - Hit

“I’ll be completely honest that she was such an amazing breakout performance there,” Dougherty said of her acclaimed performance on the hit Netflix show. But he shared that what really won him over was bonding over their mutual love of animals.

“We spent more time talking about animals and the natural world and our love of wildlife than anything else,” he continued, saying it was “an honor and a privilege” to work with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!