Restaurant hits out at council for blocking its main window on to street

Mail Online | 5/20/2019 | Emer Scully For Mailonline
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/20/18/13729452-0-image-a-4_1558374808202.jpg

A 'mistake' that led to a white container completely blocking the front window of a Chinese restaurant has been slammed as a 'disgrace' by loyal customers.

Chun Kong, the owner of The Mayflower in Cheltenham, tweeted when he realised workmen had placed their welfare unit outside his restaurant window.

Placed - Feet - Restaurant - Door - Container

Placed less than six feet from the restaurant's door the container blocked customers' views of Clarence Street, and stopped potential customers from looking inside, for five days.

Mr Kong told MailOnline: 'The container arrived last Wednesday morning and was put in front of my restaurant. I assumed the container would be leaving the same day.

'It - Shop - Front - People - Window

'It's very inconsiderate. It's a shop front so people need to look out and in the window. It's just mad.'

After leaving the restaurant for two days Mr Kong was shocked to return Saturday lunchtime to find the container was still blocking his restaurant's window.

'Tables - View - Takers

He tweeted: 'Tables with no view, any takers?

'Thank you to Cheltenham Borough Council and Gloucestershire County Council for the inconsiderate position of their 'Air B&B container.'

'How - Family - Businesses - Councils - Interest

'How does one expect small family businesses to survive when even your local councils show no interest whatsoever.

'Keep calm and carry on.'

Mr - Kong - Businesses - Street - Impact

Mr Kong says two businesses along the street have already closed due to the impact of roadworks.

The corner between Clarence Street and Clarence Parade is currently being converted from one-way to two-way traffic, a spokesman for Gloucestershire County Council said.

Responding to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton