Thoughts on GOT final episode

Sparta Report | 5/20/2019 | Guest Author
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.spartareport.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/GOT.jpg

Game of Thrones ended last night with an episode that some people liked, and most people hated. Therefore, I will give my opinion of the final episode and final season. I will say what I liked, what it made sense, what was ridiculous, and my hopes for the future.

I will start with what I liked. Excellent cinematography in some of the scenes. Danny’s entrance, Danny’s death, the dragon’s grief over the death of his mother, his revenge on the thing that ultimately killed her (the iron throne), and the way the dragon took her and flew away were some of the best moments of the show.

Turn - Event - Show - Danny - Killing

I also believe that he most logical turn of event of the show was Danny’s killing. It was obvious that she could not rule, that she was not fit to rule, that she had a utopic mindset for which she was willing to kill millions of people. It was also obvious that Jon was the only one who could kill her. He was the only one who could get close to her, passing first by the dragon, and then approaching her at a striking distance.

However, from here everything went downhill for me. The counsel that set Bran on the throne (elected monarch and not new dynasty) was an absolute disaster. Why should anybody listen to Yara and the new prince of Dorne who didn’t fight against the whites, and who were not there to see the carnage Danny inflicted on King’s Landing. Why wasn’t the Greyworm killed? Murdering prisoners in cold blood with the excuse of following orders would have never been tolerated. The Eichmann defense has never worked in history and there is no reason to believe that it should work in fiction either. Why should the counsel have accepted Tyryon suggestion when is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Sparta Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.
Tagged: