Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke shares an emotional tribute to her fans and cast-mates

Mail Online | 5/20/2019 | Jason Chester;Paul Chavez for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/20/10/13711944-0-image-a-74_1558343204245.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/13/5825380730021365409/1024x576_MP4_5825380730021365409.mp4

An emotional Emilia Clarke paid tribute to Daenerys Targaryen, her former cast-mates and her late father on Monday morning as fans digested the dramatic finale of HBO’s long running fantasy drama, Game Of Thrones.

The British actress became a household name thanks to her role as the ultimately doomed Mother of Dragons, a role she played for eight consecutive seasons prior to Sunday evening’s dramatic conclusion.

Character - End - Iron - Throne - Emilia

And with the character suffering a grisly end after finally claiming the Iron Throne, Emilia, 32, bid farewell to Daenerys by admitting the role, created by author George RR Martin before being brought to the screen, was responsible for shaping her career.

'Finding the words to write this post has left me overwhelmed with how much I want to say but how small words feel in comparison to what this show and Dany have meant to me,' she told Instagram followers.

Mother - Dragons - Chapter - Whole - Adult

'The mother of dragons chapter has taken up the whole of my adult life. This woman has taken up the whole of my heart. I’ve sweated in the blaze of dragon fire, shed many tears at those who left our family early, and wrung my brain dry trying to do Khaleesi and the masterful words, actions (and names) I was given, justice.'

The actress also admitted the ending made her long for her sound engineer father, who died of cancer in 2016.

'Game - Thrones - Woman - Actor - Dad

'Game of Thrones has shaped me as a woman, as an actor and as a human being,' she added. 'I just wish my darling dad was here now to see how far we’ve flown.

'But to you, dear kind magical fans, I owe you so much thanks, for your steady gaze at what we’ve made and what I’ve done with a character that was already in the hearts of many before...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!