Halsey sparks online discussion after being criticized for supporting sex workers

Mail Online | 5/19/2019 | Annita Katee For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/19/17/13688388-0-image-a-55_1558283256630.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/07/7450741384477326424/1024x576_MP4_7450741384477326424.mp4

She's never shy when it comes to speaking out about controversial issues with her fans.

And Halsey did just that on Saturday, opening up the conversation about sex workers on her social media accounts.

Suportsexworkers - Instagram - Stories - Twitter - Conversation

The 24-year-old initially used the hashtag #suportsexworkers on her Instagram Stories before taking to Twitter to continue the conversation after receiving much backlash.

s

Lot - Sh*t - Supportsexworkers - Story - Night

'getting a lot of sh*t because I posted #supportsexworkers on my story last night,' she began.

'Just to be clear. I DO support sex workers. I support consenting humans in the field. My statement obviously excludes people forced into sex work. It all comes back to autonomy and choice.'

Nightmare - Singer - People - Topic - Differences

The Nightmare singer continued to confess that she wanted people to confidently speak about the topic while being mindful of cultural and regional differences.

'I notice every day that the conversation surrounding feminism is both bigger but more nuanced than ever with social media as a platform,' she penned.

Try - Differences - Conversation

'I try, and I hope you try, to be mindful of cultural and regional differences that complicate the conversation.'

And with some users and followers Tweeting back and forth with Halsey, she continued to express her stance and views on the issue.

Supportsexworkers - Field - Safer - Environment - People

'Part of #supportsexworkers means regulating the field so it can be a safer environment for the people involved,' she clarified.

'It doesn’t just mean support them for personal pleasure. It means stand by them and fight for their rights to do the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!