‘The Red Line’ Stars Emayatzy Corinealdi & Aliyah Royale on Working with “Fearless” Ava DuVernay

Collider | 5/19/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/the-red-line-aliyah-royale-emayatzy-corinealdi-01.jpg

From executive producers Greg Berlanti and Ava DuVernay, the eight-episode CBS limited drama series The Red Line is an emotional punch to the gut, as it follows three very different Chicago families on intersecting journeys toward healing after a tragedy. Daniel Calder (Noah Wyle) is mourning the death of his husband, an unarmed African American doctor who was shot by a white cop (Noah Fisher), and falling short on how to handle things with their grieving daughter, Jira (Aliyah Royale), while she searches for her birth mother (Emayatzy Corinealdi) to learn more about what it means to be a young black woman today.

During this 1-on-1 interview with Collider, co-stars Emayatzy Corinealdi and Aliyah Royale talked about why they were so drawn to this story, the journey they took to getting their roles, having so many female voices involved with the series, the honesty in the storytelling of Ava DuVernay, what they appreciated about their characters, showing how flawed all of these individuals are, working with Noah Wyle, and what they hope audiences will take from watching The Red Line.

Collider - Way - Things

Collider: When this came your way, what did they tell you about it, and what were the things that you most responded to?

EMAYATZY CORINEALDI: What I most responded to was the opportunity to discuss this kind of topic, in a way that’s through the lens of a family drama. That’s the one thing that was most intriguing for me. You’re able to dissect these three different families, all experiencing this event that has happened. It’s a tragedy that it’s happened, and it’s a chance to have more of a dialogue about it. That’s what was most intriguing for me about being a part of it.

ALIYAH - ROYALE - Opportunity - Conversation - People

ALIYAH ROYALE: The opportunity to spark a conversation in people about change is definitely what brought me to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!