Are you preparing for later years?

www.christianpost.com | 5/19/2019 | Staff
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/12/231239.jpeg

Are you preparing for later years?

Longevity is a hot topic in today’s society. There are nearly always extensive studies surfacing on news media about long-lived populations in areas such as Okinawa, Japan and Ikaria, Greece, where unusually large numbers of people live well past 80 and 90 years of age. Researchers pore over the diets, sleep habits and overall lifestyles of these groups to find the secrets to their extended life spans.

Everybody - Life - Time - Friends - Family

Pretty much everybody is interested in having a long life, desiring to spend as much time with friends and family as possible, helping others and doing other things that we love. Life spans in our society, while not matching those of long-lived populations, do exceed those of our grandparents’ time. With that said, my question for you is, are you preparing now for life in your older years?

So, it’s true. As our bodies age, things change. Vitality and stamina are not what they used to be. Eyesight, hearing and posture weaken somewhat. Overall, older bodies with 80+ years of mileage don’t function the same way as bodies with decades less of wear and tear.

Force - Bodies - Choice - Thinking - Moment

We think of aging as an unavoidable, unrestrainable force that will do what it will with our bodies, leaving us no choice but to submit to whatever it brings. Let me challenge your thinking for a moment: What you do right now with your body has a tremendous effect on how your body will function in older years.

I once heard a quote that said “you don’t leave the playground because you get old; you get old because you leave the playground.” There is a lot of truth to this. When we leave our teenage years, we often put up the basketballs and hang up the cleats, exchanging them for desk chairs and computers at work, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!
Tagged: