Police ID teenage student, 18, who was tackled by a high school football coach

Mail Online | 5/18/2019 | Rod Ardehali For Dailymail.com
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/18/23/13668616-0-image-a-14_1558219100577.jpg

Police have released the identity of an 18-year-old student who was tackled by a football coach after allegedly bringing a gun into a classroom at an Oregon high school.

Angel Granados Dias was booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on suspicion of possessing a firearm in a public building, attempting to shoot a gun at a school and reckless endangerment, the Portland Police Bureau said.

Dias - Student - Parkrose - High - School

Dias is understood to be a student at Parkrose High School, where he brought the shotgun in on Friday before he was bravely tackled by ex-Oregon football star and school coach Keanon Lowe.

The hero coach, who also acts as a security guard, released a series of twitter messages Saturday afternoon reflecting on his dramatic intervention.

'When - Security - Guard - Football - Track

He wrote: 'When I signed up to be a Security Guard, Football and Track & Field Coach for Parkrose High School, I did so to guide and coach young people whose shoes I had once been in. I had no idea, that I would one day have to put my life on the line like I did yesterday for my students.

'When confronted with the test the universe presented me with, I didn't see any other choice but to act. Thank God, I passed. I've spent the last 24 hours being more appreciative of my family and realizing we have a serious problem.

Students - Time - Part - Solution - School

'I'm blessed to be alive and extremely happy that the students are safe. I'm not sure what's next, I haven't had the time to really think about it. But I am sure I want to be a part of the solution to school gun violence. Thank you for your help.'

Witnesses said he appeared distraught when he appeared at the door to their government class and pulled the weapon from beneath a long black trench coat.

Lowe

It is then that Lowe,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction