Taron Egerton Recalls Getting 'Quite Drunk' and Stealing from Elton John's Kitchen at 3 A.M.

PEOPLE.com | 5/17/2019 | Staff
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/gettyimages-1149521090.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1417.5px&resize=1200,630

Taron Egerton had a ball spending time with Elton John as he was getting to know the legendary singer before playing him in the musical biopic Rocketman.

The actor, 29, opened up about his friendship with John, 72, during a press conference for the film at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival on Friday.

Egerton - Girlfriend - Emily - Thomas - Time

They got so close that Egerton and his girlfriend Emily Thomas spent time at John and his husband David Furnish‘s home, according to Vulture.

“David and Elton really allowed me into their lives,” Egerton said. “My girlfriend and I spent a lot of time with them. We actually went to stay with them a few days before filming.”

Stay - Shenanigans

The stay there led to some nighttime shenanigans.

“We got quite drunk one night, and security caught me stealing from his kitchen at 3 a.m.,” Egerton added.

Singer - Everything - Life - Egerton

While getting to know one another, the singer shared “absolutely everything” about his life with Egerton.

“He’s the kindest, most interesting, warm man,” Egerton said. “My great privilege is that I was able...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!