John Carpenter Would ‘Love to Make a Little Horror Film’ Again

/Film | 5/16/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/John-Carpenter-New-Horror-Movie.jpg

I’ve made peace with the idea of John Carpenter never making a new movie again. While I’d love for it to happen, I also know that Carpenter has several legendary films to his name already. I’m also aware that the horror filmmaker is perfectly content these days to make music or sit around cashing residual checks, and who can blame him?

But every now and then, Carpenter teases the idea of returning to movie making. As he did recently, while in Cannes receiving the French Directors’ Guild’s Carrosse d’Or Award for creative achievement in filmmaking. According to Carpenter, he’s down to make a “little horror film” or a “big adventure film” – if the budget is right.

John - Carpenter - Movie - Year - Halloween

Will John Carpenter ever make a new movie again? Last year, the Halloween filmmaker said, “I would love to direct something, if it’s the right thing to do at my age.” Now, Carpenter is at it again. In a new interview with Collider while in Cannes, Carpenter stated: “I don’t have [a new movie] scheduled but I’m working on things. I made a lot of movies and I got burned out and I had to stop for a while. I have to have a life.”

Carpenter stating he’s “working on things” is vague enough that it could mean anything. He could perhaps be talking about his musical career. Or maybe he’s busy at home building...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!