School Controversy: Video Surfaces Showing Teacher Dressed In Muslim-Like Head Scarf During Active Shooter Drill

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com | 5/15/2019 | Staff
sheenabeanna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/penn-trafford-active-shooter-drill-credited-1.jpg?w=1024

HARRISON CITY (KDKA) — A video produced by students in the audio-visual department at Penn Trafford High School has prompted concern.

It was meant to be used as a training drill, should there ever be a real emergency like a shooter in the building.

School - District - Video - Authorization - Facebook

According to the school district, the video was only to be seen in-house, but without authorization, it was placed on Facebook by students.

Once viewed, some, like Jim Atkins of Harrison City, thought the person portrayed as the shooter was made to look like a Muslim by wrapping a scarf around his head.

Somebody

“It shouldn’t be profiling somebody like that,” he said.

He also said he could understand why some may have been offended by that.

Lori - Fitzgerald

Lori Fitzgerald says she isn’t quite sure what to think.

“I’m not sure why they would choose to put a scarf on this person,” she said. “Does it offend me personally, no. I guess I’m not sure what to think about that”

Trinity - Garbacz - Junior - School - Ideas

Trinity Garbacz is a junior at the high school and has her own ideas about how it should have been produced.

“I just thought that maybe they could have used a normal person not to offend anyone. Like, you could have used anyone. You didn’t have to dress him up,” she said....
(Excerpt) Read more at: pittsburgh.cbslocal.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!