Delingpole: Tommy Robinson is on Trial Again for the Same Offence

Breitbart | 5/15/2019 | Staff
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/05/Tommy-Robinson-640x335.png

Tommy Robinson is to stand trial again for contempt of court.

This is the same offence for which he has already spent a considerable amount of time in prison, most of it in solitary confinement for his own safety.

Journalist - Case - Anyone - Ezra - Levant

The journalist who has been following his case more closely than anyone is Ezra Levant of Rebel Media.

Levant, himself a trained lawyer, is very worried that justice is not being served here.

Robinson - Reasons

He believes that Robinson is being re-tried for political reasons.

I find it hard to disagree with Levant’s assessment. There are a number of worrying aspects to this case, not least the zeal with which it is being prosecuted.

Hearings - Robinson - Rules - Court - Reporting

What is clear from earlier hearings is that Robinson did not breach the rules on court reporting wilfully and maliciously (he had actually gone for training to try to make sure it didn’t happen again after the first time he got into trouble).

Nor is this a mistake he plans to make again. Nor is there any precedent in similar contempt of court cases for sentencing as draconian as that meted out to Robinson. Nor is there any evidence to suggest that the British public will benefit from making Robinson spend any more time behind bars.

Robinson - Everyone - Device - Brexit - Freedom

Because Robinson is everyone’s favourite virtue-signalling device – “I may believe in Brexit, freedom of speech, that Muslim rape gangs aren’t very nice – but look, I hate Tommy Robinson and refer to him as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction