Game of Thrones star Rory McCann breaks down Cleganebowl fight between The Hound and The Mountain

Mail Online | 5/13/2019 | Brian Gallagher For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/13/23/13460234-0-image-a-13_1557788151614.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/13/5618160344471877648/1024x576_MP4_5618160344471877648.mp4

SPOILERS: There will be SPOILERS for Sunday night's episode of Game of Thrones and all of Season 8 below, so read on at your own risk.

For as divisive as Sunday night's penultimate Game of Thrones episode, The Bells, was, most fans were quite pleased that a long-awaited fight dubbed 'Cleganebowl' finally happened.

Fans - Series - Fight - Death - Brothers

Fans have been waiting for practically the entire series for the one-on-one fight to the death between brothers Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane (Rory McCann) and Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane (Hafthor Júlíus Björnsson).

McCann, 50, spoke with Entertainment Weekly on the set last spring, where he revealed his thoughts about the epic fight, his overall arc on the show and more.

Cleganebowl - Fans - Works - Length - Show

Cleganebowl, as fans have called it, has been in the works through practically the entire length of the show.

McCann's character The Hound has always had a scarred and disfigured face, which came courtesy of his older brother Gregor, who pushed young Sandor's face into a brazier of fire as a child, leading to his hatred of Gregor and his fear of fire.

Gregor - End - Season - Thanks - Poison

Gregor was 'killed' at the end of Season 5, thanks to the poison administered by Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal), but brought back by Qyburn (Anton Lesser) to serve as the mindless muscle for Queen Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey).

In last week's episode, The Last of the Starks, Sandor and Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) were seen riding south to King's Landing together, leading fans to speculate that Cleganebowl was finally happening, which it did.

Interview - Set - EW - Spring - McCann

During his interview on the set with EW last spring, McCann harbored no illusions of surviving this battle.

'I’m dead. It would have been nice to keep living and go on a road trip and do a spin-off. But I’m absolutely delighted. I’m blessed to be given this storyline.'

Battle - Place - Staircase - Red

The epic battle took place on a staircase in the Red...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!