Doris Day Mourned by Paul McCartney, William Shatner, Goldie Hawn and More Hollywood Stars

PEOPLE.com | 5/13/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/paul-doris-goldie.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1200px,630px&resize=1200,630

Doris Day has died at 97 and Hollywood is mourning America’s sweetheart.

The Hollywood icon died at 1:00 A.M. on Monday at her home in California, her rep tells PEOPLE.

Day - Friendship - Paul - McCartney - Tribute

Day shared a special friendship with Paul McCartney, who posted a tribute to her on Instagram on Monday.

“So sad to hear of Doris Day passing away. She was a true star in more ways than one,” he wrote in the caption. “I had the privilege of hanging out with her on a few occasions.”

Home - Animal - Sanctuary - Dogs - Care

He continued, “Visiting her in her Californian home was like going to an animal sanctuary where her many dogs were taken care of in splendid style. She had a heart of gold and was a very funny lady who I shared many laughs with. Her films like ‘Calamity Jane’, ‘Move Over, Darling’ and many others were all incredible and her acting and singing always hit the mark.”

“I will miss her but will always remember her twinkling smile and infectious laugh as well as the many great songs and movies she gave us,” he added. “God bless Doris.”

William - Shatner - Thoughts - Pillow - Talk

William Shatner also shared his thoughts on the Pillow Talk star, tweeting, “Condolences to the family of Doris Day. She was the World’s Sweetheart and beloved by all. Que Será, Será!”

Goldie Hawn followed suit, tweeting, “The great Doris Day left us and took a piece of the sun with her. She brighten [sic] our lives and lived out her life with dignity. May she rest peacefully.”

Singer - Tony - Bennett - Condolences - Day

Singer Tony Bennett shared his condolences on Day’s passing with a video clip of when he appeared on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI