IHOP eviscerated for tweeting picture of sonogram showing stack of pancakes in honor of Mother's Day

Mail Online | 5/12/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/13/02/13422004-0-image-a-43_1557711559504.jpg

The Twitter account for IHOP was the subject of intense backlash over social media on Sunday, after posting a tweet that people found confusing in celebration of Mother's Day.

IHOP shared an image meant to look like a sonogram showing pancakes in a person's stomach, writing, 'If you have pancakes in your tum tum, does that make you a pancake mum mum? Happy Mother’s Day to ALL the moms out there!'

Twitter - Users - Post - Image - Uterus

Twitter users were puzzled by the post, however, with many assuming the image was supposed to depict a uterus with pancakes inside, especially given the reference to motherhood.

Outrage ensued, with one user writing, 'I would personally like to fire whoever sent this tweet out.'

People - Student - IHOP - Image - Tweet

Many people, including a medical student, were confused at just what IHOP was trying to show in the image accompany its tweet.

Ioana F, whose Twitter biography describes her as a Harvard graduate and a Washington University in St. Louis medical school student, tweeted:

Feel - Training - Uterus - NOT - Fact

'I feel comfortable enough in my medical training thus far to confirm that the uterus is NOT in fact connected to the GI tract.'

The gastrointestinal (GI) tract is the system of organs responsible for digesting our food and expelling waste, which does not, in fact, include the uterus.

IHOP - Tweet - Uterus - Image

But IHOP's tweet didn't exactly say it was trying to show a uterus in the image.

Ultrasounds can be taken of many different organs within the abdominal cavity, and the photo generated as a result is a sonogram, just as is produced during pregnancy examinations.

Point - User - People - Stacks - Pancakes

That point was lost of many, however, with another user writing: 'IHOP really thinks people are just sliding whole stacks of pancakes down their throat and into their uterus.'

Another person tweeted, 'When I eat pancakes they go straight to my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!