Tess Stimson was the woman Brent Sadler left Debby for - but you won’t believe what happened next

Mail Online | 5/15/2020 | Tess Stimson
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/12/00/13388820-0-image-a-18_1557618797650.jpg

Debby was the wife of ITN’s charismatic foreign correspondent Brent Sadler. Tess Stimson was the ‘other woman’ he left her for. Cue a sensational feud played out in the national press. You won’t believe what happened next, as Tess reveals here…

The first time I set eyes on Debby – the woman who was at that point married to my new fiancé – I’d just stepped out of the shower of a five-star London hotel.

Hair - My - Boyfriend - ITN - Reporter

I remember towelling my hair dry, feeling happier than I’d ever been. My boyfriend, ITN reporter Brent Sadler, had gone down to reception to pick up an urgent fax from work. I was admiring the sapphire and diamond ring he’d just put on my finger when I heard a knock at the bedroom door. Assuming Brent had forgotten his room key, I opened it, still dressed in my fluffy bathrobe.

But it wasn’t Brent standing there – it was his wife Debby. I’d never met her before, but I recognised her instantly from photos. ‘My husband’s come to pick up his things,’ she said, coolly pushing past me. I was too shocked to say a word. I watched in humiliation as Brent scurried in behind her, his tail between his legs. ‘By the way, whatever he’s told you, we have a fantastic sex life,’ Debby said, and swept out of the room.

Breath - Idea - Debby - Picture - Brent

I felt as if the breath had been knocked out of me. I had no idea Debby was still in the picture. Brent, then 41, and I had met just six weeks earlier, on my 21st birthday, in July 1991. He’d told me he was legally separated from Debby, then 31, a former air stewardess, and asked me to marry him just four days after we met. I quit my job as a TV producer on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!