Thailand with a toddler? It's not daunting if you stay at these hotels in Phuket and Krabi

Mail Online | 5/11/2019 | Julian Robinson for MailOnline
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/09/13/12050650-0-image-a-2_1554814410256.jpg

Trekking through jungles, snorkelling in a lagoon and lounging on the beach with a cocktail - they were all high on our 'things-to-do' check list as we set off for Thailand on a cold winter morning.

But as we strapped ourselves into our plane seats, along with our 20-month-old daughter, the thought did cross my mind - maybe I should have done all this as a teenage backpacker rather than a first-time parent?

South - East - Country - Toddler - Tow

Could we really enjoy the best this fabulous South East Asian country has to offer with our toddler in tow? The answer, it turned out, was an unequivocal 'yes' - and it was far easier than we thought thanks to memorable stays at the Nai Harn in Phuket and the dusit D2 in Krabi.

We had flown into the country on Thai Airways before making our way to our first stop, the Nai Harn, Phuket's only member of elite Leading Hotels of the World group, overlooking a sweeping bay of the same name.

Pangs - Wife - Thailand - Cheap - Students

Any pangs of regret my wife and I had about not doing Thailand on the cheap as students were quickly swept away as we explored our Grand Ocean View Room and walked out onto a private terrace with what must surely be one of the finest views in Phuket.

No expense is spared in the fixtures and fittings and we were told some rooms feature a button specifically for ordering Champagne.

Luxury - Family - Staff - Way - Parents

But with the luxury comes an extremely family friendly atmosphere. Staff go out of their way to make sure parents with young children have what they need for a comfortable trip.

They are happy to set up a parasol on the glorious sandy beach below and provide towels for the day while the swimming pool features a shallow section for toddlers.

Spent - Hours

Our little one spent hours...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!