Riverdale’s Charles Melton Writes Letters to Girlfriend Camila Mendes to Keep the Romance Alive

PEOPLE.com | 5/10/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/camila-mendes-charles.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2553px,1340.325px&resize=1200,630

He plays a hopeless romantic in the upcoming film The Sun Is Also a Star, and in real life, Charles Melton is just as lovey-dovey.

“Something romantic that I do is I write letters to my girlfriend,” the actor, 28, tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue of his Riverdale costar Camila Mendes.

Love - Time - Ones - Heart - Melton

He didn’t always embrace love, though, but has learned to over time. “I’ve been told from my loved ones growing up to always guard your heart,” Melton says. “But why do you want to guard something you want to give? It’s choosing who you want to give that to.”

Yara Shahidi and Charles Melton in The Sun Is Also a Star.Atsushi Nishijima/Warner Bros.

Movie - Melton - Character - Daniel - Love

In the movie, Melton’s character Daniel falls in love with a girl (Yara Shahidi) he spots in New York City’s Grand Central station and feels an immediate connection with.

“I believe in love at first sight,” the former college football player says. “It’s this hopeful curiosity of seeing someone and just being in awe and not being able to explain it, but there’s something that draws you to that person. There’s something you don’t know and it’s just a matter of you being vulnerable enough to explore that.”

Daniel - Crush - Love

Daniel finds out that his crush doesn’t believe in love,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!