Attorney for the man accused of killing Nipsey Hussle withdraws after threats to his children

Mail Online | 5/10/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
shankay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/10/22/13358406-0-image-a-22_1557523907515.jpg

The lawyer who had been representing the man accused of murdering community activist Nipsey Hussle has withdrawn from the case citing threats made against his children.

Chris Darden was set to make his final appearance in the case on Friday after filing a motion to withdraw from representing Eric Holder, 29, the man accused of fatally shooting Hussle, 33, on March 31 in Los Angeles.

Darden - Holder - Defense - Team - Children

Darden didn't specifically say why he was leaving Holder's defense team, though he did note that his children had received threats over his choice to uphold the constitution and provide Holder with 'counsel of his choice.'

The former prosecutor who was assigned to the OJ Simpson case wrote in a Facebook post announcing he would step down, 'To those who issued those threats to my children please pay close attention so there is no misunderstanding. Later. F**K YOU!'

DailyMail - Darden - Comment - Reply

DailyMail.com reached out to Darden for additional comment but did not immediately receive a reply.

The death of Hussle, whose legal name was Ermias Asghedom, struck a chord not only in Los Angeles, but across the country as many mourned the loss of the community leader, entrepreneur and entertainer.

Darden - Statement - Expression - Gratitude - Friends

Darden started his statement off with an expression of his gratitude to his friends on his Facebook page.

'You guys have been awfully good to me and my family. Thank you,' he wrote.

Thought - Friends - Anyone - Reasons

'I thought I should tell you, my friends, first & before anyone else. As for my reasons for withdrawing I don’t know whether I will disclose them later or not.'

Darden noted that as an attorney and an officer of the court, it is his 'duty to protect the rights of my clients even in the face of threats or angry mobs. This is the silent solemn oath we took as defense counsel. This is the legacy made for me and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.