Ben Shapiro says BBC host destroyed him, apologizes: ‘Broke my own rule... wasn't properly prepared’

Fox News | 5/10/2019 | Brian Flood
jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/02/BenShapiroUSC1.jpg

Ben Shapiro admitted on Friday he wasn’t prepared for a recent interview with BBC host Andrew Neil that resulted in the conservative star abruptly ending the segment.

“[Andrew Neil] DESTROYS Ben Shapiro! So that's what that feels like ;) Broke my own rule, and wasn't properly prepared. I've addressed every single issue he raised before; see below. Still, it's Neil 1, Shapiro 0,” Shapiro tweeted with a link to a Daily Wire article he penned detailing “all the dumb stuff” he’s ever done.

Shapiro - BBC - Book - Right - Side

Shapiro appeared on the BBC to talk about his new book “The Right Side of History: How Reason and Moral Purpose Made the West Great.” However, things didn’t go as planned when Neil -- who often plays devil’s advocate with his guests -- pressed on old comments Shapiro had made.

Shortly after exchanging the pleasantries, Neil went on offense and drilled down on Shapiro’s views, asking the commentator whether the recent pro-life bill in Georgia is like bringing back the “Dark Ages” in the U.S.

Shapiro - Neil - Editor - Sunday - Times

Shapiro retaliated against Neil, a former editor of the Sunday Times and a chairman of a media group that includes right-leaning magazine The Spectator, and accused him of harboring left-wing views.

“You purport to be an objective journalist, BBC purports to be an objective, down the middle network,” Shapiro snapped. “It obviously is not, it never has been. And you as a journalist are proceeding to call one...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI