Anne Hathaway honors indigenous people of Los Angeles as she receives star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Mail Online | 5/9/2019 | Justin Enriquez For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/09/22/13313112-0-image-a-35_1557436350402.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/09/3111184144444929921/1024x576_MP4_3111184144444929921.mp4

She may have been receiving one of showbiz's biggest accolades.

But Anne Hathaway not only made a point to thank those who came before her but especially those who were there first.

Actress - People - Los - Angeles - Star

The 36-year-old actress made sure to acknowledge and thank the indigenous people of Los Angeles as she received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on Thursday.

Hathaway took the focus away from herself as she made sure to recognize the Tongva people during her acceptance speech.

'I - Land - Star - Land - Stars

She said: 'I started to think about the land that goes underneath the star, that land that goes beneath all of these stars, and how it was cared and kept for millennia, more than millennia, by the Tongva people.

'I think it’s important to mention that they still live here today. So the soul and the spirit that runs through the earth beneath us originates with and continues to be kept by them.

'So - Tongva - People - Keepers - Land

'So I would like to begin by thanking the Tongva people and by acknowledging that they are the rightful keepers of the land this star is on.'

The sweet gesture was definitely acknowledge by the crowd who applauded on during her speech.

Tongva - People - Southern - California - Los

Tongva are the Native American people of Southern California who historically inhabited the Los Angeles basin and Southern Channel Islands which is an area covering approximately 4,000 square miles.

Anne had plenty of familial support as she was joined by husband Adam Shulman , mother Kate McCauley Hathaway, and father Gerald Hathaway.

Ones - Gift - Focus - Recipient - Love

She made sure to acknowledge her loved ones as she said: 'The gift of being the focus and recipient of your tremendous and enlightened love is, along with motherhood, the most important and profound part of my very blessed life.

'I am able to walk through...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.