Seth Meyers Tries to Shame McCain Over Omar Criticism, Gets Egg on His Face Instead

NewsBusters | 5/8/2019 | Staff
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/late_night_with_seth_meyers_-_taraji_p._henson_meghan_mccain_a_r_i_z_o_n_a_philip_fish_fisher_-_01_19_03_am.jpg

The View co-host Meghan McCain had a tense exchange with Late Night host Seth Meyers Tuesday night, after the liberal host repeatedly berated McCain for criticizing Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar. As Meyers couldn’t get McCain to admit she had said anything wrong, she turned the tables on the host by calling out his liberal bias.

Meyers began by actually calling McCain’s criticism of Omar “dangerous” in light of the synagogue shooting because Omar “had some death threats against her.” He tried to shame her to be more “thoughtful” about her language:

Cause - Congresswoman - Omar - Death - Threats

And I just wonder, cause I do think it's fairly dangerous, and you brought it up after Congresswoman Omar had also had some death threats against her. Do you think -- you know, she's obviously now stated she needs to be more careful with her language. Don't you think other people who talk about her need to be a little bit more thoughtful as well, or do you stand by those comments of tying her to this -- her rhetoric to the synagogue shooting?

McCain denied trying to tie Omar to the synagogue shooting, and reiterated that Democrats were “hedging” on Omar’s anti-Semitism. “I stand by every single thing that I said, and if that makes me unpopular in this room or in front of you, so be it,” she slammed.

Aback - Meyers - McCain - Ground

A taken aback Meyers called it “weird” for McCain to say that when he was “just trying to find common ground.” She pressed him to hold...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!