The Voice: Blake Shelton gains edge and stands poised to dethrone back-to-back winner Kelly Clarkson

Mail Online | 5/8/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/08/07/13227580-0-image-a-34_1557295983814.jpg

He's already got six wins under his belt and season 16 of The Voice may be Blake Shelton's to win again.

The 42-year-old Grammy-winning coach saw nearly every one of his artists move through to the semifinals during Tuesday's elimination episode on NBC.

Singers - End - Show - Blake - Team

Five of the final eight singers remaining at the end of the show were from Blake's team.

Team Blake's Andrew Sevener, 22, was immediately embraced by his teammates when he made it through as host Carson Daly, 45, revealed the results of viewer voting.

Country - Singer - Town - Alvarado - Texas

The country singer thanked his small town of Alvarado, Texas with a population of 4,124 for their support.

'I have a massive family back home, and I couldn't ask for anything more,' he said.

Louisiana - Gyth - Rigdon - Country - Star

Louisiana's Gyth Rigdon, 25, was one of the first to pass through and was praised by country star Blake.

'He keeps a foot in traditional country, but is also relevant on today's country radio,' his coach Blake said.

Dexter - Roberts - Country - Singer - Fayette

Dexter Roberts, 27, a country singer from Fayette, Alabama, also coached by Blake, had scored a record deal before the show, only to see his label go under.

When his name was called to advance to the semis, he practically doubled over in relief.

Blake - Carter - Lloyd - Horne - Team

Blake seemed particularly excited when Carter Lloyd Horne, 20, was saved, shouting 'Yeah!' as his team's Marietta, Georgia musician - who performed a cool version of James Blake's Let It Go last night -...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!