'omg' :How Huma Abedin reacted to hacking attempt on Hillary's email server

Mail Online | 1/9/2011 | David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/07/18/13206434-0-image-a-31_1557250349429.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/11/07/1743014926559132247/1024x576_MP4_1743014926559132247.mp4

Hillary Clinton's closest aide was shocked to learn that hackers were trying to penetrate the then-secretary of state's private email server in 2011, according to an email the FBI recently declassified and quietly released online.

'omg,' Huma Abedin wrote Clinton IT aide Justin Cooper on January 9, 2011, after he told her that he was forced to temporarily pull the server's plug because of a breach attempt.

Document - Part - File - Notes - FBI

The document is part of a 277-page file that also includes detailed notes from an FBI agent's interview with Cooper, who admitted that doors to the 'secure' rooms installed in the Clintons' homes in Chappaqua, New York and Washington, D.C. were sometimes left open – along with safes inside.

In the same interview, Cooper admitted that as Clinton was transitioning out of the State Department to private life in 2013, her staff 'lost most of' the emails related to the 'clintonemail.com' domain where her messages had been stored.

'omg - Episode - Cooper - Abedin - Sunday

The 'omg' episode came after Cooper notified Abedin on a Sunday night that the domain's server would be offline until the following day.

'I had to shut down the server,' he wrote. 'Someone was trying to hack us and while they did not get in i didn't want to let them have the chance to.'

Morning - Abedin - State - Department - Deputies

The next morning Abedin alerted top State Department deputies Jake Sullivan and Cheryl Mills: 'Don't email HRC [Hillary Rodham Clinton] anything sensitive. I can explain more in person.'

That suggests Clinton's staff was in the habit of sending sensitive materials to her, outside of the government systems that protect officials from prying spies.

Hacking - Attempt - Years - Clinton - Government

The hacking attempt, one of many during the years Clinton kept both her government and personal correspondence on an unsecured email server – including hundreds of classified documents – was described publicly in 2016.

But Abedin's horror at the news has gone unreported.

It's recorded in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!