Builder puts 15ft fibre-glass CANNON in garden only for council to order its removal

Mail Online | 5/7/2019 | Sebastian Murphy-bates For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/07/12/13194532-0-image-a-17_1557227620774.jpg

A homeowner has been ordered to scrap his latest garden ornament - a 15ft cannon made of fibre-glass.

Builder Mark Stephens installed it in a countryside home being renovated in a beautiful national park.

Officers - Brecon - Beacons - National - Park

But planning officers in the Brecon Beacons National Park in mid-Wales have banned the piece.

Mr Stephens bought the cannon as an 'oversized garden ornament' from a salvage company after it was used as a prop by an opera company.

Feature - Garden - Bit - Fun - Telephone

The 51-year-old said: 'I thought it could be a feature in my garden and it would be a bit of fun - and I've got an old red telephone box as well. Some people have statues of lions and I was going to have a cannon in my garden.

'It's a fibreglass theatrical prop, it is never going to cause any damage. It is an oversized garden ornament, nothing more than that. I can't see any reason why anyone would complain.'

Park - Planning - Officers - Home - Bwlch

But park planning officers have ordered it be removed from his home in Bwlch, near Brecon.

Last year...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!