Deaf man teaches deaf rescue puppy to communicate with sign language

Mail Online | 10/25/2017 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com;Chris Dyer For Dailymail.com
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/01/16/12961630-0-image-a-25_1556723750923.jpg

A deaf man has taught his adopted deaf and visually impaired rescue dog to take commands via sign language.

Nick Abbott brought Emerson home from North Florida Rescue of Maine about two weeks ago when he was just 12-weeks-old, and the two of them plus Abbott's older dog, Scout, have become fast friends.

Labrador - Retriever - Pup - Scout - Sign

The black Labrador Retriever pup hit it off right away with Scout, and picked up on the sign language commands within a matter of days.

'He is such a calm, loving puppy. We have a great connection, and he is so loved - even by Scout,' Abbott said of his family's new addition.

Today - Seizures - Canine - Parvovirus - Emerson

Today, after surviving seizures and the deadly canine parvovirus, Emerson is now healthy and happy, and can understand visual commands to sit, lay down and stay, plus a few others.

Before owning Emerson, Abbott said he had never thought about taking in a deaf dog, and had never met one before, but it was apparent to him right away that the two were meant for each other.

Abbott - WABI - Time - Emerson - 'I

Abbott told WABI at the time he first met Emerson: 'I saw he was deaf and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!