Man walks from South Carolina to the Grand Canyon carrying wooden cross

Mail Online | 10/25/2017 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
newusr01 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/01/01/12931396-0-image-a-18_1556669526798.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/30/5806803623197193891/1024x576_MP4_5806803623197193891.mp4

A South Carolina man embarking on a pilgrimage across the U.S. while carrying a wooden cross on his back has saved a woman from committing suicide along the way.

Acie Burleson, 34, of Andrews, said after he became a Christian he decided to follow a Bible verse that commands to 'take up one's cross and follow Jesus'.

Burleson - Verse - South - Carolina - Grand

Burleson took that verse literally, deciding to walk from South Carolina to the Grand Canyon - a 2,141-mile journey that he estimates will take about three months.

His journey began on March 11 and since then he's been traveling from town to town on back roads carrying a massive wooden cross he built himself, telling people to 'pray and be ready for the coming of Christ'.

Journey - God - Fox

When asked on why he decided to embark on the taxing journey he said, 'because God called me to do it,' as per Fox.

'When I got saved, God called me out to be a walking memorial for him,' he said to the Christian Broadcasting Network. 'I've never done a long distance like this before. Most of the time it was just town to town. This is the big one. I'm going all out.'

Trek - Journey - Life - People - Way

While the trek is a personal spiritual journey, it's proved life changing for the people he's encountered along the way.

Simply by walking he stopped one woman from taking her own life.

Woman - Driving

'There was woman driving and she was just looking at me,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Aim and timing is evereything.