Equity Shot transcribed: Slack’s S-1 and Uber’s IPO terms

TechCrunch | 4/29/2019 | Staff
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tc-equity-podcast-ios-4.jpg?w=711

We’re deep in IPO news, and last week was no different. When this happens, Equity’s Kate Clark and Alex Wilhelm fire up their mics and wax financial about the news we can’t possibly fit into the regular episode of the popular TechCrunch podcast.

Last week the duo discussed Uber’s IPO pricing and Slack’s S-1.

Uber

On Uber:

Kate: And before we jump into Uber’s Q1 financials, what do you think of Uber is most recent private valuation of 72 billion. Do you think that’s a wildly inflated valuation or do you think that’s a reasonable price tag?

Alex - Idea - Bit - Q1 - Numbers

Alex: So I have absolutely no idea. And we’re going to get into this a bit with the Q1 numbers, but I don’t know how to price this company. I really don’t. We talk a lot about SaaS IPOs and there’s a lot of really solid metrics out there about those companies and what they’re worth and what makes them work more or less than competitors. Uber’s a strange beast. It’s got these enormous losses. It’s got slowing growth. It is a global brand. It’s got an enormous amount of revenue. But where to put a price...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TechCrunch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?